By making a donation through any of our online donation forms you agree that the funds are supporting our ongoing mission and are not part of an exchange for specific goods or services. Therefore, donations are non-refundable with exception only if a proven technical error has occurred.
2. Logos, Hashtags, and Branding
“Villages of Hope – Africa” and the “Villages of Hope – Africa” logos belong to Villages of Hope – Africa Society and cannot be copied, adapted, or violated in any way. The tagline “Bringing hope to children in need” also belongs to us and cannot be adopted by other organizations, businesses, or brands. In addition, the following hashtags, though not “belonging” to us, originated from our organization and therefore must not be claimed by any other parties’ as being their own:
3. Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites that are operated by third parties. Villages of Hope – Africa Society does not accept any liability over the content of these third party sites. The existence of these links do not constitute an endorsement of such websites, and your linking to these sites is at your own risk.
4. Content Accuracy
While all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of content, no responsibility can be taken for any error or omission. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Villages of Hope – Africa’s website or social media channels shall create any warranty not expressly made in these terms of service or imposed by law.
5. Intellectual Property
(a) All content published by Villages of Hope – Africa Society is the copyrighted property of the organisation. While we encourage people to share our content, copyright law requires proper attribution to our site. While a direct share will link to our site, posting of our content on other blogs, websites, social media, and in any other form must only be done so with prior consent.
(b) You may view, print, download or store extracts from vohafrica.com for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion. You may not otherwise copy, replicate, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any vohafrica.com material or content without prior consent.
6. Limitation of liability
Villages of Hope – Africa Society does not guarantee that access to this website will be uninterrupted, that this website will be free from viruses or that this website cannot be tampered with by third parties. This website and the information are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, with no warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties or any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Use of this website and the information is entirely at the user’s sole risk. In no event will Villages of Hope – Africa Society be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this website. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this website and/or information is to stop using the site and the information.
7. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
Villages of Hope – Africa Society may modify the terms of this agreement on this site. You agree to periodically review this agreement to be aware of any such revisions. Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this site. Your continued use of this website following such notification of any such revision(s) shall be deemed as acceptance of and agreement to abide by all such revisions.
- Treat their sponsor child with respect and dignity
- Show respect to their sponsor child’s local culture
- Treat all members of VOH Africa staff with respect and dignity
It is inappropriate for sponsors to:
- Use language that is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive
- Use language or discuss topics that are not suitable to the age and maturity level of the child
- Share personal information with the intent of seeking emotional support
- Solicit information beyond what has already been shared regarding the child’s background or family life
- Challenge the child’s identity, belief, or worldview
- Address the child using familial terms such as brother/son/daughter/grandchild
- Refer to themselves using familial terms such as parent/grandparent/sibling
- Make suggestions or offer advice to their sponsor child
- Make promises of any kind, including sharing hopes of meeting the child as this could be interpreted as a promise
- Post images or videos of the child online (including blogs and social media) without the consent of VOH Africa’s leadership
- Share or request personal contact information
Your use of vohafrica.com, our sister sites, and social media channels:
Users understand that Villages of Hope – Africa Society reserves the right to monitor, moderate, and remove any comments or posts the organisation feels go against our community standards. Comments may be removed and users banned at our discretion.
1. vohafrica.com and our social media channels are to be used for your personal use only and use of any of our content for commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain are strictly prohibited.
2. You may not post to vohafrica.com or any of our social channels any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, racially or sexually or otherwise discriminatory, offensive, inaccurate, in breach of confidence or a third party’s intellectual property rights or which otherwise includes objectionable material of any kind or nature, that encourages or engages in conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or which has a disruptive influence on the normal flow of a message board. You must not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious. If you feel that any of the terms and conditions have been broken by users, please email contact us.
3. Villages of Hope – Africa Society reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, alter, delete or move any material whatsoever posted to, appearing on, or distributed by our organization and you. We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to our website or social media channels.
4. Any comments posted on Villages of Hope Africa’s website or social media are considered public, and can be used by the organisation in reports, presentations, and promotional material. Villages of Hope – Africa acknowledges the safety of our users, and guarantees all comments shared by the organisation will be done so anonymously.
- The terms of this Agreement are binding upon, and will inure to the benefit of the Parties, including their respective licensees, successors, and assigns. We may assign, license or transfer any or all of the Rights you have granted to us to any other person or entity. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, there are no third-party beneficiaries to the Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the Parties, and the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected or impaired, unless continued enforcement of the provisions frustrates the intent of the Parties.
- No delay or failure by either Party in exercising any right under this Agreement, and no partial or single exercise of that right, will constitute a waiver of that or any other right. Failure to enforce any right under this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other right.
- This is the entire agreement between the Parties, and any changes must be agreed to in writing by the Parties.
- This Consent and Release will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable in that Province.
We reserve the right to make change to these Terms and Conditions.
Last modification was made June 28, 2018.